Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week 29 in Hungary (Feb.11-19, 2013)

Sziasztok!!

Jó ég, ez volt egy csodalatos hét!

First off, we received our transfer calls today! Elder Smith is very sadly leaving me. It's a bummer but we knew it had to happen. BUT we finished off our last full week together with our fourth achievement of super standard in a row! I'll be honest, it's pretty unheard of! We're actually really positive it has never been done before! We have had some really really great experiences together the last few weeks. We have been absolutely blessed.

I am going to be staying in Pécs and my new companion is a really new missionary who just finished his second transfer. I'm super super stoked!! His name is Elder Christensen and I will have some more information about him next week!

It has been "Farsang" lately here in Hungary. It's a holiday similar to Halloween but it's in celebration of winter ending and spring coming. We had a little branch activity and everyone dressed up! It was awesome! I went as Inspector Gadget and Elder Smith went as someone in the Adjustment Bureau! Okay fine, maybe we didn't dress up... But the activity was loads of fun. The kids had their cute little costumes on and we all danced and played games. There was also a little costume parade around the branch house. What a fun holiday!

Elder Smith and I were able to set up another baptismal date this past week. He is actually the son of the man we have on baptismal date right now! It was our second meeting with him and he accepted the invitation to be baptized. So amazing! I'm really excited for him.

Another really neat thing that happened this week happened while tracting. We left our apartment and walked for about 20 minutes. We had no idea where we were and we got to a place that seemed like it wouldn't lead to anywhere. Nonetheless, we felt like we had to keep going. After a while, we came across some apartments and chose the one that felt the best. We buzzed for permission into the complex and then after we rang the first bell, the door was immediately unlocked for us. The lady had her door open when we got to her apartment and she invited us right in. (the following is one of those crazy stories about how someone was prepared by God to receive the gospel) Anywho, we met with this lady (she's in her 30's) and she was just absolutely golden!! She said she knows God answers prayers and she said, "I have been praying for God to show me a better way to live my life lately... I want to have a stronger relationship with him and I have been praying that he would show me the path I need to be on." We just about peed our pants and said, "we know that God has sent us as your answer." She replied with, "well then, I'm listening." WOW! The next hour and half was spent teaching her about the restoration and The Book of Mormon. I cannot even begin to type into this computer how everything played out. If everyone in the church were to experience something like that, there would be absolutely no inactives. It's indescribable.

Well, that's pretty much the summary for my week! I have to hurry back and get everything ready for the change that's happening tomorrow! I hope all is well with all of you. Become familiar with Christ's atonement and do so through the book God has supplied us with--The Book of Mormon.

Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder
 It felt like we tracted up a mountain side

 Farsang Party!

 Some random stairs we found while tracting.

 Cute little Leah on Valentine's Day

 I'm going to really miss serving with Elder Smith!!

 The missionaries and a few of the youth from the branch.

 A cute family we had FHE with last night.