Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 104 (May 6-12, 2014)

Na, akkor most már kell írnom ezt az emailt.


Mother's Day: Skyping (skypeing?) yesterday was great. Everyone looked so good! Happy mothers day to all of you wives, mothers, and mother figures! Here's a special shoutout to my wonderful momma and my rad grandmas. Oh, and also to my future wife--I don't know you yet, but I love you!


Stake Conference: Yesterday and Saturday was Stake Conference. It was rad to see old friends, members, and investigators from Budapest and from other cities in the country. Everyone keeps asking me how it feels to be going home in a week. I honestly don't know how it feels. My brain doesn't comprehend the end.


Hospital Visit: Don't worry, no one got hurt. We just went with the Humanitarian couple to help present a donation to one of the local hospitals. The Church donated an expensive machine to the hospital and the doctors explained they were going to use it in the Children's Intensive Care Unit within the Burn Center. They then took us there and showed us where it was going to be used. (We didn't know that was going to happen.) Yikes, it was not a happy experience. It was, however, good to know that the Church was able to help these doctors.


Crazy Encounter: On our way to the conference yesterday, an older lady stopped us on the street and asked, "do you know where the Mormon Church is located?" I responded with, "well, we're going there right now--come with us!" We got talking as we walked. She told me that she is investigating right now in the Kispest ward. I told her that it's a great place and that I used to serve there. She then asked me if I knew someone from that ward. (One of the men I baptized while I was serving in Miskolc.) I replied with, "of course!! I baptized him not too long ago!" She stopped there on the street and asked, "are you Alldredge??" Apparently her brother (the one that I baptized) had talked a lot about me to her and she was really wanting to meet me sometime. I replied with, "yep! I am Alldredge." We were able to walk to the branch house and get to know each other. Kinda crazy how those things work out!


New Melchizedek Priesthood Holders: During the conference, I was able to raise my hand to sustain that two men that I've had the opportunity to help baptize while being here should receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. If that's not an amazing experience, I don't know what is. (And if "Melchizedek" isn't a hard word to spell, I don't know what is.)


The Two Angels: Elder Tuttle and I were called "the two angels" this week by three different people. Strange. One was when one of our investigators was telling us how she feels that The Book of Mormon is true and she wants to get baptized so she can be sealed to her husband and do work for the dead within her family. She said we were the "two angels" sent from God to bring this to her. The other occasion was with one of our investigators who writes books about having faith in God. She said she wants to write her next book about the "two angels" that knocked on her door and brought the full, true Gospel to her family. The third time was last night while meeting with a part member family. The husband has been investigating on and off for a couple years now. The wife related the experience of when we first walked through their door. She said we were like two angels and they both felt like "these are the Elders we've been waiting for."
It's a shame we can't take any credit for such thing. We both know that they just feel and see the Spirit.


Well, we're going to head out and hit the city. I love you all. Everything is perfect on my side of the waters.


As my dear, Californian companion Elder Tuttle would say: You just gotta charge The Book of Mormon! I think by that he means you should read it. A lot.


Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder

We love these people!

Cutest kids.

Beautiful.

The two newest Melchizedek Priesthood holders.