Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 103 (April 28-May 5, 2014)

Nekem nagyon kell pisilnem, de biztos, hogy nem fogom használni ezeket a vécéket.


CHICKENS!: While tracting this week, we found a random group of like, 10 chickens. They were just roaming around in streets and we didn't want them to get hit by a car or something so we tracted the house we thought they belonged to. An old lady with only three teeth came out and we asked, "are these your chickens?" She looked over at them for a second and said (in hick accent), "yea. You boys want one?? They're always comin' and goin' I ain't been able to cetch 'em. They'll come back here in the evenin' to sleep. I'll tell ya what, if you boys can catch one, you can take it home."
It's a shame we can't have pets...


May 1st: So May 1st here is a huge holiday. I had a couple people try to explain to me why exactly it's celebrated. Apparently back in the day, all the workers took a strike because they were working too much. So now, every May 1st is no school and no work. As we went through the city to find and teach, we noticed there were HUGE festivals going on everywhere. It was quite the holiday! It was good, however, to see a lot of Hungarians all in one place just enjoying life.


Taking Lead: I had Elder Tuttle take the lead in all our programs this week. He did stellar! His language skills are off the charts. Everyone loved learning from him. We're having such a great time. Our investigators love us and we love them!


So. Much. Food.: A really nice member fed us lunch this week. It was an unbelievable large amount of rolls, bean soup, bread, and palacsintas. After barely being able to finish the first pot of soup, he left us at the table saying, "okay, I'll bring out the next pot of soup!" (Elder Tuttle got a picture of my reaction, you can scroll down to see it.) He then insisted that we eat all of that one as well. Elder Tuttle ate a LOT more than I was able to. (I still don't know how he did it.) Whatever we didn't finish, the member packed up and sent us home with. Hungarians don't mess around.


Priesthood Blessing: Just after getting off the phone with one of our investigators, (She called to tell us that she really hurt her spine and she didn't know if we would be able to meet the next day.) I strongly felt that I needed to immediately call her back and offer her a priesthood blessing. When she answered the phone she said, "I had a feeling you were going to call me back!" She gladly accepted the offer and we were at her doorstep within 10 minutes. She could hardly walk around or sit and she looked like she was in awful pain. We explained to her how blessings work and then gave her a healing blessing. After the blessing she said, "wow, that was the most incredible thing I have ever experienced! I felt a warmth coming from your hands flowing into my body. I know you hold the priesthood of God." She then proceeded to stretch and stand up. Her face was absolutely priceless everytime she would move or stretch in a new direction just to notice the pain had subsided. It was such a neat experience.


Well, I'd love to stay and chat but we gotta get back to work. I'll be skyping this Sunday! It'll be like, "oh yea... hey... I'll see you like in a week... cool..."


HA! I love it here. I'm staying on this climax till I board that plane.

Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder

Good ol' tracting

Sometimes people are late to meet with us.

Chocolate milk--in a bag! (So good.)

Taking a break from tracting.

CHICKENS!

We got caught in a rainstorm. Bleh.

Festival!

"I'll bring out the next pot of soup!"

Massive garbage day!