Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 16 (Nov. 12-19, 2012)

 My "American" food!

 I just had to ring it!

 My new name tag!

 It is my last name in Hungarian so all of them can say it correctly now!


Boldog Hálaadás Mindenki!!
(Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!)

I just wanted to start off by saying that an investigator's mom made me some ACTUAL Chocolate Chip Muffins this week!! If you know me, I'm sure you're aware of my deep burning love for Chocolate Chip Muffins. That was definitely the "worldly high" of my week.
The Zone Conference in Budapest this week was FANtastic! Wow it was so incredible. It was 6 hours straight without a break but dang it was so good. I guess I can count that among my many spiritual highs for the week.
In Budapest, I was able to pick up my new name tag! "Alldredge" is written in Hungarian so all of these wonderful people can have an easier time trying to pronounce it. It's pretty rad looking! It's spelled: "ALDREDZS" and ALL of the Hungarians have been able to say it perfectly!
Elder Hansen and I started meeting with a new investigator this week. He's an "eternal" from English Class. (That means he's been constantly attending for over a year) He's a super stellar guy, so I decided to be really annoying as to constantly ask when we could meet with him so we could teach him about the church. We were finally able to and he LOVED it! Wow it was incredible! He has such great questions and he's so sincere. It's been amazing. Yay for being annoying!
Another cool experience we had was while tracting. We passed by a house that we had dropped off a copy of The Book of Mormon to a week earlier. After finishing the rest of the street, we passed by it again. We both stopped. We looked at the house, then at each other, then back at the house, then we rang the doorbell. The same lady answered the door and let us right in. She had The Book of Mormon next to her and she said she has been reading it since we gave it to her. We were able to teach her the first lesson and she loved it! She invited us back for this week and it was really quite incredible!
Things are super great for us here. And as luck would have it, it's raining on Monday. AGAIN. Oh well.I hope all of your Thanksgivings are rad and I hope the time spent with family is special.
READ from The Book of Mormon, PONDER what you READ, PRAY about what you PONDER, and LISTEN for your ANSWER.
Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge (Aldredzs) Elder