Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 34 (March 18-25, 2013)

Well, my world has been turned upside down this morning. This is how it went.
*Ring ring*
Me: "What in the world? Why is president calling us before 8:00? President only calls at this time if someone is going to be a trainer..."
Elder Christensen: "Oh my goodness! You're going to be a trainer!!"
Me: "Pft, yea right! But have we done anything wrong lately...?"
Elder Christensen: "Not that I know of!"
Me: "Alright, here goes nothing! .... Hello?"
President: "Hello Elder Alldredge! I have some good news and some bad news. Bad news is that your current companionship will be coming to an end today. Good news is that you are actually going to be training a new missionary this next transfer!"
The rest is kind of a blur. The end!

So that is what's going down with me. I was hoping to stay in Pécs again with Elder Christensen but it looks like I'll be getting half of my wish. It was an honor to work with him these past few weeks. We had a really fun and successful transfer together. The good thing is that he is going to stay in the same district as me so I'll be able to see him once a week in district meetings!

Within the incoming group there are going to be 5 Elders and 11 Sisters. I don't think it has quite sunken in yet that I will be one of the five trainers. Wow. But I don't think there's a better place to start in Hungary than Pécs! I'm stoked beyond belief. It's going to be a blast and a half.

Lots of great things happened to us this week. We got "let in" 9 times this week. Crazy! From one apartment building we were able to get 6 phone numbers which is pretty unheard of... at least in my experience. We had a really cool experience just yesterday while tracting. An older lady answered the door and Elder Christensen did a quick switch to his approach and simply said, "hello! We represent our church and we have a really special message about Jesus Christ." then she let us right in and we taught her for a little bit. She was adorable and just a super spunky lady.

We also had Zone Conference this week in Budapest. It was a great training and we were let loose in Budapest to do "real life role plays". We were supposed to street and give strong testimony about The Book of Mormon. The first person we stopped was actually from Kecskemét and lived right next door to some of the members who I knew really well when I served there! How awesome is that? We were able to get her number and pass it on to the missionaries in Kecske.

On a sour note, we did get "dogged" quite a bit this week. But it helped us come up with our new saying, "finding is always the best when you get dogged!!" It's turning out to be very true. At least for me, when I get dogged by someone, going out and finding isn't something I'm itching to do, but it's always been soooo worth it.

I hope all is well with all of you! And get this! Missionaries are allowed to email anyone now! So if you want to shoot me an email. Please do! Email: cameron.alldredge@myldsmail.net

Well, that's about it for me on my side of the waters. My email for next week will have some information about one of Hungary's newest missionaries!!

Start your day off right with some studies from The Book of Mormon.

Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder