Saturday, December 14, 2013

Week 82 (December 10-14,2013)


Ilyen a Budai élet...

Goodbye Kispest: On our last day in Kispest, all of us missionaries went with a big group of members and investigators to go ice-skating. We skated right next to "Hero's Square" in Pest. It was a massive rink and it was incredibly fun. We skated around for a good 3-4 hours and had a blast. I then went back to Kispest on Thursday to go on splits with the zone leaders (so that the transition could go smoothly). So, I was there all day Thursday and I was able to say goodbye to a lot of great people. We then wentback to Kispest yesterday as well for the Christmas Concert. Elder Headrick and I had to sing in the choir so the ward members were pretty confused because everyone thought I stayed in Kispest.


Assistant-ship: My word. This whole AP thing is a completely different world. It. Is. So. Awesome. It was such a rad experience to be able to be with all of the missionaries who were going home. Three of them were my senior companion at one point. We were there with them at their little "goodbye dinner"/testimony meeting and then we drove them around Budapest at night and revisited all the places they saw on their first night in the country. Then 4:00am Thursday morning, we got up and ready and took them all to the airport. We then took Elder Ábrók... who is now just István... to the train station and saw him off.
Next week will be the Christmas Zone Conferences. We will be attending all five of them because we will be giving a training everyday. So, five Christmas parties!! Elder Headrick informed me yesterday that I have to dress up like Santa twice next week. They're going to stuff me with pillows and such. Good earth, I bet you never thought I would make a good Santa Claus someday, did ya?


Speaking of Elder Headrick: We have already hit it off famously. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He comes from Ohio and he has a family of 13!! He's number 8 in line. He loves to play and watch basketball. He is an absolute wild man when it comes to the Hungarian language. He was actually an AP already at the beginning of this year but he broke his foot and had to go home for 3 months. When he arrived back in Hungary he was in the companionship that moved into our apartment with us in Miskolc for my last transfer there. So that's how we already knew about each other. He also shares the same love for Apple products--so we may or may not accidentally pass by an Apple store while shopping today... I sadly only get one transfer with him until he goes home. SO, I will be killing him as well. (Good earth, it'll be my third murder.) He only has till mid January to show me all the ropes. I'm sure it'll be great.


You Give Me A Book, I Give You A Book: We met with one of the coolest guys yesterday. He has lived a pretty rough life and he has been in jail for four years. He has totally turned his life around and he's really looking for God now in his life. We gave him a copy of The Book of Mormon yesterday and he insisted that he give us one too in return. He gave us a Scientologist book. So I guess we did two favors for him. Anywho, he was really excited about The Book of Mormon and I'm super excited to talk to him more.


Where am I?: So, I am now living in Buda. Our apartment is in the 3rd District. We're about a 20 minute drive from the mission home (where we attend church on Sundays).  It's so blasted nice. Heated floors and heated towel racks. We have huge closets and nice appliances. It's just all around incredible. The other nice thing is that we get to use the office computers for emailing. I don't have to pay to email anymore! Hotdog!


Until Next Time: Well, I just emailed a couple days ago so I don't have too much to say. I sent a couple pictures and I'm sure there will be lots more to send next week. (These computers rock at uploading stuff.) I am really really loving it here already. Everything is perfect. I hope all is well on your side of the waters!! I know that school will be winding down and finals will be finished. I wish you all the best of luck!

There is a book that you need to read,
It's much more useful than your newsfeed,
The Book of Mormon,
Won't leave you snorin',
It's exactly the thing that you need.


Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder


Ábrók was a wild man on the ice.

Ice Skating

With my past three senior companions on their last night in the country!