Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Week 84 & 85 (Dec. 21-Jan. 31)


Boldog Új Évet Kívánok!!

Christmas Celebrations: Christmas was fantastic here! I really enjoyed it. There wasn't a flake a snow, which didn't bother me one bit! On the 24th we went sightseeing around Buda and had a french toast party with all of the Elders. On the 25th we opened up our packages from home which was swell. We then drove the mission van with all of the missionaries from Buda to go to the stake president's house. We had a massive lunch there and walked through their extremely nice town to sing to five different families! We then came back and played some games with the family. We then went to a recent convert family for a big dinner and to skype! It was a superb day. Then, on the 26th, (still Christmas here) we went to another family and made gingerbread cookies with them and had a grand time. All-in-all it was a great way to celebrate the birth of the Savior!

Baptism in Kispest: I was able to return to Kispest to perform a baptism with one of the investigators I taught with Elder Ábrók. It was a beautiful service and it was fun to meet with everyone I love in Kispest again.

Randomness: My very good friend since childhood, Matthew Johnson, (currently serving in Indonesia) is the companion of Elder Headrick's little brother! Wild.


Surprise Visit to Miskolc: Elder Headrick and I went on splits with the zone leaders in Miskolc this past Friday. We made sure that they didn't tell any of the people there that we would be visiting. I was able to meet with a lot of people that I know and love. Their faces were priceless when they opened their doors. There was a lot of screaming... and tears. The one lady I was able to baptize while serving there told me that having me there was better than any Christmas present that she got. It was super sweet. It was really cool to be there and meet with people that I taught and who got baptized since I've been gone. It was a really neat experience to see everyone again.

Until Next Year: It looks like the next chance we're going to get to email will be on the 11th. So, until then, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! This is the year I'll be coming home... but that's gross--let's not talk about that.

Make a goal to finish The Book of Mormon this year. That is, of course, if you want to improve all aspects of your everyday life. Élj aszerint. 


I love you all!
Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder

The baptism in Kispest

Adventures in Buda

French Toast Party!

Delicious Christmas Lunch

The family who let us skype at their house.

We had fun :)

(No caption sent for this picture-sorry)