Saturday, February 1, 2014

Week 90! (January 25-Feb.1, 2014)


Családom és barátaim:
Paper Football: It was our turn this past week to bring the lesson and the game to a family night. We taught them how to make and play paper football. The family really seemed to like it but the mother quickly discovered that flying triangles of folded paper was not very safe. She whipped out a pair of 3D glasses for everyone so we could all have protection. It was a lot of fun and we all had a great laugh. For our lesson we talked about how "just a little bit bad" is what Satan will try to do to deceive us. He doesn't need us to commit serious sins if he can slowly taint our lives little by little. We brought up the analogy of how great brownies are and what it would be like if the one who made them just put a teeny tiny bit of dog poop in them. It's just a little tiny bit, so it wouldn't be too bad--right? WRONG! I like that analogy because I like brownies. Just not dog poop-brownies.

Adventures: Elder Miller and I toured around Buda last week. We went inside the Mátyás Király cathedral and we toured around the art museum inside Buda castle. It was massive and a really neat place. We walked around the whole city and had a blast and a half!


Canadian Friends: We've continued to skype with the adorable married couple in Canada. We taught them about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and they absolutely loved it. It's funny to hear how excited they are about everything and they always exclaim how great it is to hear the message of the Restored Gospel in their own language. They really understand it and they love every minute of it.

Reunion: Ábrók István was up from Debrecen visiting Budapest this past week. It was awesome to see him. We met up with him and I was able to catch up on his RM life. He's moving to London fairly soon to start working at the MTC! It'll be such a great job for him.

Huh... I guess I didn't have as much to say as I thought I did. We traveled a lot for splits this week and we've been hard at work. The work here is really starting to get on a roll. Taking a look at how our next week is already set up, I'm sure I'll have lots to write about!

Vomit: I just looked over at a stack of papers and something caught my eye--my own name! As luck would have it, it's the itinerary for my group to fly back to the USA in May. Bleh. I didn't need to see that. Not yet at least.

All is well with me! Next week we will start the planning of the next round of transfers. Strange, because I feel like we just barely set the last one! I am loving my time here in Buda. I love you all and I pray for you all!

The Book of Mormon is like an entire pan of perfect, triple chocolate, gooey, warm brownies--always. rEA(T)d it.

Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder 


P-Day adventures


Buda Castle

How can one not fall in love with this place?

Playing paper football with our "protective goggles"

Some things never change.