Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 102 (April 21-28, 2014)

Boldog Szüli Napot--magamnak!


Birthday Adventures: Elder Tuttle treated me to a tour of Parliament today! It was awesome. We went through it in Hungarian and it was unbelievably cool. The tour lasted about an hour and it just gave me a taste of how massive Parliament really is. Awesome experience!


"I Have Good News for You Guys!": Those are always great words to hear from an investigator. We were informed on Sunday that one of our investigators gave up coffee after we had a special discussion with him on The Word of Wisdom. He said it was really hard the first couple days because he had really bad headaches. He told us that he endured the aches and now he feels great and doesn't drink coffee in the mornings at work with his co-workers. He said it was all thanks to us. We started to say, "don't thank us! We didn't do anything!" but he stopped us and said, "yea, yea, I know. I thank Heavenly Father for this... but I know you guys were the means by which he helped me."


Sajt [SHITE] Night: As a district, we held a Sajt night this past week. It's where you pretty much make some homemade mozzarella sticks. We bought and breaded 2 kilograms of cheese and deep fried it all. If you ever have the desire to destroy your stomach, this is a fast way to do it. Definitely just a once-in-a-while sort of thing.


Return of Matt (Elder) Cox: The wonderful man I served with in Miskolc is back here in Hungary for vacation. He came to church here in Pest this last Sunday and it was a real treat to get caught up with him. He gave some grand advice for going home--superb guy.


Red Porsche: A recent member, and good friend of mine, offered to show us his 1985 red Porsche. My word, it was so cool. I got to sit in the driver's seat. (Don't worry, I didn't drive it--but I really really wanted to.) I don't know a lot about cars, but do know that I like that car.


Linger Longer: We held a "Linger Longer" this week after our Thursday night English class. I did a mini piano concert with some arrangements of Hymns I came up with and I talked about the Church. Everyone seemed to really like it. Then we had some treats in the gym. Us missionaries and the members went and mingled with the people. Stellar time!


"Why Do You Want to be Baptized?": We were meeting with our little Hungarian brothers the other day and the member we brought with us asked them, "do you boys want to get baptized?" They both eagerly nodded their heads. The member then asked, "why?" The 9 year-old replied immediately with, "well, because I want to receive a new, clean life so I can better follow Christ." I wish I was that solid when I was 9 years old.


Searching for the Truth: We had one of those incredible lessons where, after teaching the Restoration, the investigator goes on about how they've been looking for the truth for a long time just like Joseph Smith did. Then they go on to say they have a feeling in their chest that is incredible and warm and they don't know why it's there. We proceed to explain to them what they are feeling is the Holy Ghost and it's telling them these things are true. With tears in their eyes they say, "I've found it... I've found what I've been looking for. God sent you boys to me as an answer to my prayers. I feel this is true." 
There's nothing quite like it.


Well, I love you all. All is perfect over here. It's going unbelievably great! 


If you want to celebrate the 29th of April. Read from The Book of Mormon. It's the best birthday gift you could give me.


Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder
Good times.

Our Hungarian little brothers. (They are boxers.)


Great members from Pest.
Birthday Parliament Tour!

The inside was INCREDIBLE

Such a stunning place.

Kossuth Lajos Tér

It was a beautiful day by the river


The SICK red Porsche (sadly, I didn't drive it.)