Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 39 (April 22-29,2013)

BOLDOG SZÜLETÉSNAPOT!! (nekem)

Good earth I'm 20 today. That's enough of that.

Thanks to everyone who sent me something for my birthday! It was rad. My dear, sweet companion made me breakfast this morning--so don't worry, I'm taken care of.

Before I forget: Next week is transfer week, therefore I will be emailing on Tuesday rather than Monday. (Pray that I can stay here in Pécs for another transfer--thank you.)

Well, yesterday we went with our branch on a rented bus to Dunaújváros for our area conference. It was about a 2 hour ride but it was extremely fun. The conference went swell. (Here is a picture of all the missionaries serving in the areas of the conference.) The speakers were great and we all had a great time. It was a long day though. We left at 10 am and arrived back at 7 pm. 

LAST P-day, Elder Bennett and I rode a bus allllll the way to the top of the Mecsek "Mountain" (hill) and hiked our way to the TV Tower. It was a beautiful day and the hike was awesome. We arrived at the tower, took some pictures, then found a random elevator at the base of the tower and decided to push the button. I didn't know it was possible to go INTO the tower, and we were the ONLY ones there. After about 2 minutes, the elevator doors opened up and a man said, "your tickets, please?" we just said, "uuuuhhhhhh....." and he said, "oh it's okay, since no one is here, you can buy the tickets from me." Long story short, we were able to go up in the tower and the view was IN.CRE.DI.BLE. Wow it was amazing. It just gave a whole nother twist on this beautiful city. Plus we were the only ones there! The world was our burrito. 

One of the new converts in the branch invited us over for dinner to celebrate my birthday! She gave me some ties and made my absolute favorite Hungarian meal! Paprikás Csirke! My goodness gracious it was so good. Yay for being born!

The youth night activity this week was super fun! It was a scavenger hunt throughout the city and we had a list of things we needed to take pictures of. It was great and all of the youth really enjoyed it. My favorite part of it was when we all had to stop someone, give them a copy of The Book of Mormon, bear testimony, then get a picture with them. (that picture is attached as well)

Things are continuing to progress with our investigators. We actually have a lot of programs set up with new investigators this week whom we tracted into this past week. It's strange how much I love these people here. It's like finding your most absolute favorite ice cream flavor that you never knew existed. (Not the best analogy I've come up with--but hey, I try.)

While tracting, we ran into a group of people hanging out outside their apartment. All different ages, and situations. At first, they were all really really closed off and didn't want much to do with us. After a few minutes they were like our best buds. They LOVED our survey and had the best time answering our questions. It was really interesting to see how fast and how drastic their demeanor changed with us. By the end they had asked us loooadddsss of questions and they all wanted some pictures of Christ and a copy of The Book of Mormon. It was a really neat experience.

Well, things are going swell for me! I hope you all enjoy these pictures that are much overdue. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Make things JUST as swell for yourself by studying The Book of Mormon. Missing a day is like saying, "eeehhhh... I don't really feel like I want personal and direct revelation from God today.... meh, I'll do it tomorrow."

Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder
Parlament Building

Budapest

Parlament on the other side of the river.

I am in LOVE with these new Milka bars.

Inside the TV Tower!

The view was incredible.

This kind of environment made tracting pretty great.

One of the ladies in the branch made me my favorite: Paprikás Csirke for my birthday! It was SO good.

We had to give someone a copy of The Book of Mormon for the scavenger hunt. This couple was so nice and cool!


All the missionaries at the Area Conference.