Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 70 (September 16-23, 2013)

Sok Szeretettel Köszöntelek Benneteket!
I Forgot: Elder Cordell Cox is serving around me here in Kispest!! And Elder Dallin Day is in the Budapest Zone!! GO AF!! It's been great to chat with them and get a different twist on things happening recently at home.

I Have Three Questions: While tracting, (I swear, we're always tracting) a man let us in and we began to get to know him a little. He was really nice after we intoduced ourselves he said, "I have three really important questions... I don't know if you boys can answer them, but they've been on my mind lately. They are: Where did we come from? Why are we here? And Where are we going?". Elder Ábrók and I just looked at each other and grinned and replied with, "let us teach you about the Plan of Salvation..." He is a super stellar guy and I'm really excited to teach him.

Are You SERIOUS?!: A guy approached us on the street as we were heading home from a long day's work. He spoke perfect English because he lived in Canada for a long time. We started talking to him about ourselves and told him about what we do all day. We brought up that, "hey, we could even meet personally with you, if you want? We can teach you about all of this stuff and we know you would like it a lot." He reacted as if he just won a car. He was like, "WHAT!?!? Are you guy SERIOUS?! You would really do that for me? Like you would come over to my place and teach me about God and stuff? I don't believe this... This isn't a joke? Like, you would really meet with me? Wow... you guys are incredible... This is amazing. And you're serious--right??" Etc. It deffinately made me smile. I've never had someone so stoked to set up to meet with us.

Untitled: This next story is too darn awesome to have a title. I still smile just thinking about it. Here goes nothing.
So we were tracting. It was Saturday afternoon around 3:00 and we had been going for about 2.5 hours already and we had gotten some good stuff going. We were in a 10 story apartment complex just knockin' away. We knocked on one door, no answer. We went down the stairs to the next floor and we hear a man come out of his apartment and he storms down the stairs.
"What are you boys doing!?!"  he asked.
"Hi! We're just trying to ask people questions, get to know them, and teach them about our church." we replied.
"Well WHO let you into this builiding??" he asked, a little more huffy.
"We don't know, we just told someone what we were doing on the callbox and they let us in." we answered.
"Well, do you have permission to be doing this kind of thing?" he asked, getting more and more angry.
"Of course we do." we answered calmly.
"Okay, then show it to me RIGHT NOW!" he yelled.
"We don't have to show you anything" we replied.
"Well then leave this complex!!" he yelled.
"We don't have to. We have permission and a right to do this." we told him.
"Okay then, I'm going to call the police right now!!" he yelled.
"Go for it." we replied.
And right then and there he called the police in front of us. He gave his name and address and said that two boys were knocking on doors trying to talk to people. "they are RIGHT in front of me, officer. I'm looking at them both right now."
We just stood there calmly... Well, Elder Ábrók was calm--I was pooping my pants inside. We waited for him to get off the phone so we could continue tracting.
"The police are on their way!!" he exclaimed.
"Alright, we'll talk to them when they get here." we replied.
He then ran down the stairs to make sure we didn't escape and so he could wait for the cops. We only had 3 more doors to knock on before we were down at the main floor where the police were going to meet us momentarily. We hadn't had a single "let-in" the entire afternoon but as luck would have it, 2 out of the 3 final doors let us in. They were older people who were very open to talk. While inside their nice comfy apartments we heard the man and 2 police officers going up and down the stairs trying to find us.
The hilarious part is the man waited at the exit of the building to make sure we didn't leave. He must've seemed CRAZY to the police. We laughed about it the rest of the day just imagining him telling them, "no, no, I SWEAR! There were two boys both about 20 years old and they were IN THIS BUILDING! I saw them! They were here just a few minutes ago!!!! Don't think I'm crazzzzyyyyy!!!"
Hahah I still laugh just thinking about it.
Oh and the other rad part is the first lady that let us in started crying after I said the closing prayer and she told me, "thank you so much, I really needed that..."

Well that about sums up my week right there. Everything is going swell here and I'm loving it!!

Vigázzatok magatokra!!
Olvassatok A Mormon Könyvéből MINDIG!
Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder