Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 75 (October 14-28, 2013)


Hát, az kínos... Rosszul betűztem a "tojás" szót múlt héten. De mindegy.

Are You the Guys from the TV!?: So the APs and a few other missionaries had a story done about them that was shown on a Hungarian TV show a couple weeks ago. Since then, a lot of people have recognized that we are from that same organization. Oh, you'd like to see it? Well, here it is!!
http://www.rtlklub.hu/musorok/fokuszplusz/videok/223011
It's called "What is possible to know about the Mormons?" Watch it! 



Stake Conference:
 So we had Stake Conference on Saturday and Sunday. My word, it was great. We had a Scottish 70 there. His name sadly escapes me. Nonetheless, he was so great. It was super rad to see all my old friends. I got to see people I knew from Kecskemét, Pécs, Szombathely, and obviously from Kispest. It was a real treat to see all of those wonderful people again. They announced that 4 of the branches will now be added to the stake!! That was really exciting news for everyone! This new addition is just a preparation for organizing another stake here in Hungary!! Awesomeness!!

If That's What God Wants, Then That's What I'll Do: I'm having a blast teaching one of our investigators with a baptismal date. She has changed a lot since we started meeting with her. We taught the Word of Wisdom to her this week and she replied with, "well, I sometimes drink coffee... but if this is what God wants, then I won't drink it anymore." Then we taught her about keeping the Sabbath Day holy a couple of days ago and she replied with, "well I usually work on Sundays... but if this is what God wants, then I won't work anymore on Sundays." Wow, talk about a lot of faith, right?

Forgetting Your Keys = A Blessing??: We walked into an apartment complex this week to have a program with one of our investigators and we noticed that a key ring was left in one of the mail boxes. No one was around so we took the keys and went to the corresponding apartment to return them safely. No one was home. We wrote a little note explaining that we had the keys and stuck it to the mail box. After our program, the owner of the keys called us and we arranged to meet in the branch house so they could get them from us. While in the branch house, they asked all sorts of questions about us and the Church, so right then and there we set up a time to meet with them and they were pretty excited about it. We gave them a copy of The Book of Mormon and sent them on their way. We met with this person this morning actually and he had been reading--and he had lots of questions. Great questions.

Bus Route to Healing: On the way home last night, we had a half hour bus ride from our program back into the main city. A quiet lady sat in front of us. About five minutes into the trip, she turned around and asked if what church we were from. We said from the Church of Jesus Christ. Without delay, she randomly started to tell us about her health problems and about how she struggles with depression and some other mental hardships. She said, "sorry, I don't know why I'm telling you guys this." and I replied with, "no, no, don't worry! I studied Psychology in America before I came here to be a missionary." and she was shocked and said, "so you know a little bit about psychology!?" and I said, "well, yea, I'd like to think so." and she replied with, "I've actually been praying for God to help me find a Christian Psychologist to help me with my problems--I don't want to visit anymore doctors. I want to strengthen my faith and be healed through Christ." 
"...You chose the right bus to ride tonight! We can help you with exactly that!"
And then she started crying, gave us her phone number, and the rest will be a story soon to come.
Well, time is once again crunched. I guess it's good that I have so much to say, right? I thank you all for all of your love, support, and prayers.

.nomroM fo kooB ehT daer dna won thgir oG
.esaelP

Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder

We got free balloons from someone on the street.