Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Week 99 (April 1-8, 2014)

"Azért jajgatom mert faj a kezem!" --Random Néni

Oops: To my dismay, I failed to mention that I would be emailing on Tuesday this week. It was a mini-transfer (no changes for our companionship--halla!) so our Pday was moved to today.


Conference: It is possible NOT to love conference?? Geez. You know how some missionaries expect to come on a mission and have their whole life plan revealed to them? Yea, I thought I knew exactly how it would be after my missionbefore I even left. During conference, I was very unexpectedly given serious instruction that is contrary to my plans I've had for the past two years. The Lord works in mysterious ways BUT I trust this is the direction for my life.


6th Floor Rad Couple: We have continued to meet with the awesome couple we met on the 6th floor (from last week's adventures) and they LOVE to meet. The always tell us that we bring them happiness and hope. They want to learn how and where we get this source of happiness. (Which comes from none other than the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.) They're always ecstatic when we show up and bummed out when we have to leave. They're so great!


The Gift of Toungues: We had the opportunity to meet with a lot of incredible people this week. Let me tell you about one of the ones that stood out to me. While tracting, a young mother let us in. As we began to talk, we were quickly able to notice just how religious she is. She started to talk about how God has talked to her and how he has given her information. (Based on past experience, that's never a good thing for someone to start out with.) BUT she went on to explain that when she prays, she recieves answers through the Holy Ghost from God. Our ears perked right up when we heard that. She said, "yea, just last night I was wondering about the gift of tounges that the scriptures talk about. A lot of other churches interperet that as speaking a gibberish language when they feel the Holy Spirit. I didn't think that was right. I received an answer from God that it really means being able to preach the Gospel in a language that isn't your own! So, I think you two both have it, since Hungarian isn't your native langauge and you're preaching the Gospel!" The next words out of her mouth were: "I think want to join your church... how can I do that?"


Well, we have a busy day ahead of us. Back to the streets! All is perfect over here.

My mom is awesome and she finished The Book of Mormon this week. You should read it too.

Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder

He loves animals

We had "Sweaters and Glasses Night" in the city and got some great pizza.


We we found a forest near our apartment that we run through in the mornings.

This is where we ran this morning.