Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 13 (Oct. 22-29)

 At a castle tour

 A castle in Sopron


 our first snow today! With our newest convert
 At her baptism


Szervusztok csodálatos emberek!

Good earth it snowed here for the first time today! Elder Hansen (my new companion) is from California, so he's kind of freaking out right now!

On Saturday, we had another beautiful baptism for the Sopron branch. It was in the hotel pool again and it went perfect! It's incredible to see these kind of things happening in real life.

Last P-Day, I was able to go on a rad castle tour of a really old castle in Sopron. It's on this huge mountain side and the inside of it was so cool! It was a blast to walk through it.

Yesterday I gave my first talk! I was the last speaker and I had planned on speaking for 15 minutes (which I knew would already be a stretch for me) and then the Branch President told me to fill the rest of the time and there were 20 minutes left!! As I was giving my final remarks and sharing my testimony I was thinking, "Oh no oh no oh no! DON'T look at the clock... There's no way this has been more than 12 minutes! I have nothing left to say and I'm almost out of things to testify about in Hungarian!! AHH!" but after I said "Amen" I looked over at the clock and saw that I ended perfectly on time!! The Lord really does look out for his missionaries. I could not have done it without Him.

During the week, while Elder Hansen and I were eating lunch that some members made us, they kept trying to feed us more and more and more. Finally, I used the expression: "I'm full as the noon-day bus." and they thought it was the funniest thing they had ever heard. Then Elder Hansen used the expression: "I'm full as a Tesco at Christmas." and they laughed even more. They had never heard those before and they thought it was hilarious beyond belief. Oh man, it was so funny to watch.

Oh speaking of Elder Hansen, he's my new companion. I picked him up in Budapest on Wednesday and we've been working super hard together ever since. He's a really sharp guy and we're having a grand time so far already! It's really been great. We've been wanting to go out and tract since tracting hasn't been done here for 3 transfers. After all of our programs and lessons and everything, the only tracting time we were able to get in was 25 minutes yesterday afternoon. In that 25 minutes, we talked to two people. Both of those people gladly took a Book of Mormon and all of our pamphlets! They even gave us their phone numbers. It was incredible and it made us really excited for doing more in this coming week.

Also in this week, we were teaching an investigator who knows English, German, and Hungarian. I'm her English teacher so I was speaking in English, Elder Hansen taught his part all in Hungarian, and Elder Flammer was there and he served his first mission to Germany so he testified to her in German! It was so dang cool.

This week is the "Day of the Dead" which is kind of like Halloween. I think they celebrate Halloween as well but this Day of the Dead thing happens on November 1st and all of the Hungarians have told us that we HAVE to be at a certain cemetery at a certain time so the Flammers are going to take us to that! I'm excited!

Well, I hope you are all doing super stellar. Don't worry about me, I'm well taken care of out here. These people are incredible beyond belief and I feel so blessed to be serving here in Hungary.

Well, as always, just please read The Book of Mormon. I can't give you a better suggestion.

Sok Szeretettel,
Alldredge Elder